Taylor English is a great fit for me because I consider myself to be a non-traditional attorney. I was very successful in sales for several years with IBM before going to law school. I also previously served as the CEO of a web-development company. Accordingly, my sales and background as an entrepreneur are perfect for the Taylor English model, which is client driven.
Will Adams is a business-oriented and client-focused nontraditional attorney. As a member of the firm’s Employment and Labor Relations and Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Groups, Mr. Adams continually focuses on establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with firm clients. Mr. Adams represents a wide range of clients in matters before federal, state and local agencies and tribunals. Mr. Adams has extensive experience representing Fortune 500 companies as well as municipalities and public entities concerning employment and litigation issues.
In his employment practice, Mr. Adams has represented employers in federal and state courts, litigating matters throughout the Southeast involving claims relating to race, sex, age, national origin, religious and disability discrimination, as well as harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge and wage and hour issues. Mr. Adams also has initiated and defended matters involving the enforcement of employment and restrictive covenant agreements. Moreover, Mr. Adams has handled class-action litigation of discrimination claims. He has successfully represented employers in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and numerous state agencies across the Southeast. Mr. Adams also counsels and assists clients who are investigating allegations of harassment and discrimination, and he advises clients in all aspects of the employment relationship. Mr. Adams regularly counsels and trains clients through seminars on discrimination and harassment avoidance.
In addition to his employment practice, Mr. Adams litigates business and commercial disputes throughout the Southeast. He has significant experience in the coordination and management of discovery in complex, document-intensive matters, including matters involving electronic discovery. Mr. Adams also is a certified mediator.
In addition to his legal endeavors, Mr. Adams has extensive practical business experience as a former principal of a web technology company. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Adams was employed by IBM for several years in various sales and marketing positions, where he was recognized with the Golden Circle Award, recognizing the top 5 percent of IBM sales representatives and the Eagle Award, recognizing the top 1 percent of IBM sales representatives, in successive years.
Gate City Bar Association
State Bar of Georgia, Labor & Employment Law Section
The Florida Bar
Emory Law School Black Law Students Association Alumni Executive Council
Changing a Generation Full Gospel Baptist Church, Board of Trustees
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Represented large municipality as co-counsel in high-profile race discrimination matter involving the production of more than 10,000 documents and nearly 40 depositions. Obtained a grant of summary judgment for the client
- Previously served as outside regional employment counsel for Fortune 500 company
- Represented Fortune 50 company as relationship partner in managing over 150 EEOC charges and the 25 plus resulting lawsuits
- Represented Fortune 50 retail company as relationship partner in managing close to 200 EEOC charges and twenty-five plus resulting lawsuits; either prevailing on summary judgment or obtaining economical low five-figure settlements on the vast maj
- Represented Fortune 500 communications and media company as regional employment counsel, obtaining summary judgment on a number of matters
- Represented large municipality as co-counsel in high-profile race discrimination and civil rights matter involving the production of more than 10,000 documents and nearly 40 depositions
Obtained a grant of summary judgment, which was affirmed at the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Part of prevailing legal team in high-profile county legal organ dispute for multimillion dollar annual contract under a legal Mandamus cause of action. Prevailed at trial level and on appeal to Georgia Supreme Court.
- Employment and litigation counsel for close to fifteen years for large fast-food franchisee with nearly thirty locations in Atlanta metro area
- Relationship counsel for mega church in Atlanta metro area
- Prevailed at summary judgment and on appellate challenge of grant of summary judgment in matter alleging liability for local non-profit associated with Plaintiff’s sickle cell condition
- Primary outside counsel for regional transportation company
Create master agreements covering A&R executives and recording artists for fledgling music label. Advise on royalty structure, buy-out, rights and other matters. Complete buy-out of rights from prior producer in exchange for participation in new recording agreement.
- Employment and Labor Relations
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Restaurant, Food and Beverage, and Licensing
Emory University School of Law, JD, 1996
Florida A&M University, BS, 1986
Florida A&M University, MBA, 1987
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
Supreme Court of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit