Veronica Burroughs is a member of the Corporate and Business Practice Group. Ms. Burroughs provides general counsel services to business clients and handles public finance, economic development and sports matters. She has practiced law for 24 years and initially was groomed as a bond lawyer on Wall Street in the early 1990s. Ms. Burroughs’ experience is centered in public finance and she has developed multidisciplinary expertise. She has served as city attorney for the City of Riverdale, Ga., served as bond and finance director for the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority, led financings for a major non-profit corporation, and brought her legal experience, business know-how and expertise to bear for the Atlanta Development Authority and Atlanta’s three other economic development agencies as their general counsel.
Ms. Burroughs’ public finance experience is voluminous, having participated in 250-plus bond financings nationwide, generating more than $10 billion for capital expenditures in a variety of public-purpose projects. Most recently, Ms. Burroughs has been handling legal affairs, strategic planning and business development for a family of health, wellness and fitness companies as well as consulting on economic development projects.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Ms. Burroughs was counsel at Powell Goldstein LLP (now Bryan Cave LLP). There, she returned to law practice in public finance, raising capital for a variety of projects in various areas, including health care, higher education, economic development, governmental, transportation, tax increment financing for redevelopment, sports facility, housing and energy infrastructure.
State Bar of Georgia
New Jersey State Bar Association
Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Cobb, Class of 2006
- Cobb Youth Leadership Steering Committee, Class of 2007
- Leadership Cobb Spring Retreat Committee, Class of 2007
- Leadership Cobb Governing Board, 2009-2012
- Leadership Cobb Economic Development Day Committee, Class of 2012
Cobb County Board of Commissioners
- Cobb County Comprehensive, 2007 Stakeholder Coordinating Committee
- Transportation Plan, Appointed by Hon. Sam Olens, then-Commission Chairman
- Neighborhood Safety Commission, Appointed by Hon. Bob Ott, Commissioner, 2008-2011
- 2008 Parks Bond Citizen Advisory Committee, Appointed by Hon. Bob Ott, Commissioner
Represented a national bank in a complex bond financing transaction and $35 million loan to facilitate the development of a new residential tower in midtown Atlanta.
Rutgers University School of Law, JD, 1990
Georgetown University, BS, 1987