Taylor English has a tremendous group of attorneys who are leaders in their fields.
Randy Gepp is recognized in handling management-employee relations problems. Mr. Gepp has more than 30 years of experience specializing in the areas of employment discrimination and labor relations. His practice consists of representation in employment discrimination, labor relations, contracts and administrative law matters before all federal and state courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Mr. Gepp has extensive trial experience with more than 30 employment jury trials and many more bench trials before federal and state courts in Georgia, Florida, California, Alabama and many other states. He has achieved verdicts in favor of his clients in more than 90 percent of the cases he has tried. He represents employers and provides advice on claims filed under such statutes as Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA and WARN. He drafts employee handbooks, personnel policies and other employer documents.
He is a member of Taylor English’s Employment and Labor Relations practice group. He was previously managing partner in the firm of Hollowell, Foster & Gepp P.C. from 1989-2009. He is a past president of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and participates in the Employment Law Committee of the American Bar Association. He has been named a “Super Lawyer” in employment litigation by Atlanta Magazine in every year since 2004 and was one of the first Designated Specialists in Employment Law approved in Florida. He was appointed by several governors of Georgia to serve as a special master for the Georgia Office of Fair Employment Practices with responsibility for conducting trials based on cases brought by employees against state agencies.
Mr. Gepp published a quarterly newsletter on employment and labor issues from 1990-1998 and frequently speaks on employment law and mediation topics. He has mediated or arbitrated more than 100 employment discrimination cases.
- Lawsuit against major hospital claiming race discrimination, sex discrimination, retaliation and violation of various Georgia statutes. Obtained sufficient information through extensive discovery to show that the plaintiff violated various policies and that client did not violate any laws. After 18 months of discovery, summary judgment was granted.
- Lawsuit alleged race discrimination and retaliation. Summary judgment obtained under Georgia Whistleblower Act. State court litigation alleged violations of various Georgia laws, including Georgia Whistleblower Act, negligent retention, negligent supervision and other state laws.
- Jury trial resulted in defense verdict on all claims of false imprisonment, kidnapping, and assault and battery. Client sued on claims of assault and battery, false imprisonment, kidnapping and other theories. Verdict for employer.
- HUD investigation dismissals. Several clients have been accused of violating Fair Housing Laws and discriminating against residents based on race, sex and disability. All such cases have resulted in dismissals.
- Retaliation for Making OSHA Complaint. Plaintiffs contended that they were terminated in retaliation for disclosure of violations of federal and state laws. Employer terminated based on failure to properly perform job duties. Trial of case lasted 13 days. Verdict was issued in favor of county government. Case currently pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Atlanta Bar Association, 1977-present, Employment Law Section
Past President of Labor & Employment Law Section, Atlanta Bar Association
State Bar of Georgia, 1977-present
Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of American Bar Association, 1980-present
Lawyers Club of Atlanta, 1980-present
The Florida Bar, 1978-present
The State Bar of California, 1978-present
Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church
Druid Hills Golf Club
Grady was sued by former patient for battery and false imprisonment. The former patient demanded $5 million and the jury awarded defense verdict on all claims.
Represented numerous Fortune 500 companies in high-profile wage and hour matters. Paul Munger is a noted legal authority on FLSA matters. Representative experience in this area includes the following: Compliance audits to evaluate and ensure compliance with employment laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act; Individual and class action cases involving civil rights, employment discrimination and wage-and-hour issues.
- August 18, 2016
- "Changes in Discrimination Laws," Association of Property ManagersMay 2016
- "Changes in Discrimination Laws," Association of Property ManagersMarch 2016
- "Investigation on Trial," C-Suite in the Crucible: Managing the Cycle of a High-Stakes Investigation, Taylor English's Employment SeminarMay 2014
- "Common Employer Mistakes Relating to Terminations," HROI NewsletterNovember 25, 2014
- "Should Employers Prepare Their Own Position Statements to the EEOC and Other Governmental Agencies?" Resource Alliance NewsletterSeptember 30, 2014
- "Guidance for Handling Pregnancy Issues in the Workplace," Resource Alliance NewsletterSeptember 2, 2014
- "Background Checks," Resource Alliance NewsletterJuly 8, 2014
- "Should Employers Prepare Their Own Position Statements to the EEOC and Other Governmental Agencies?" Resource Alliance NewsletterMay 18, 2014
- December 20, 2013
- May 23, 2017
- "17 Taylor English Attorneys Achieve Top Recognition in 2016 Super Lawyers Business Edition," Atlanta CitybizlistDecember 16, 2016
- December 16, 2016
- August 17, 2016
- August 17, 2016
- September 15, 2015
- July 28, 2015
- "NBCUniversal’s $6.4 million Settlement May Restrain Unpaid Internships," Society for Human Resources ManagementNovember 6, 2014
- January 31, 2014
- December 19, 2013
- December 2, 2013
- December 15, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- August 17, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- February 21, 2013
- February 28, 2012
- April 27, 2011
- January 5, 2011
- December 16, 2010
- March 4, 2010
- January 29, 2010
- January 28, 2010
- April 11, 2016
- April 11, 2016
- January 26, 2016
- August 7, 2014
- June 20, 2014
- June 12, 2014
- January 9, 2013
- Corporate and Business
- Employment and Labor Relations
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Health Care
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Restaurant, Food and Beverage, and Licensing
Emory University School of Law, JD, with distinction, 1977
- Selected to Order of the Coif
Kalamazoo College, Economics, summa cum laude, 1974
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-2017
Georgia Trend Legal Elite, Labor, Employment and Immigration 2013
Awarded Employment Law expert designation in Florida