The depth of experience and talent of my colleagues, and their practical approach to litigation, drew me to Taylor English. We offer seasoned, sophisticated counsel at client-friendly rates. I can’t think of a better service to bring to the Atlanta legal market.
Rachael Zichella practices both commercial litigation and labor and employment law at Taylor English.
Ms. Zichella is a partner with more than 11 years of experience representing corporations, boards of directors, and individuals in federal and state courts in all phases of trial practice, and in arbitrations and mediations. Her experience as a commercial litigator includes a wide range of complex matters involving breaches of commercial contracts; fiduciary issues; the enforcement and invalidation of restrictive covenants; theft of confidential information and trade secrets; computer systems protection; defamation; employee malfeasance, including fraud; shareholder derivative issues; subprime and credit markets; Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) top hat plan disputes; franchise disputes; the misuse of intellectual property; the management and administration of construction contracts; and financial transactions. Ms. Zichella also is skilled in the use of computer forensics evidence, and she regularly litigates cases requiring the collection, processing, review and production of large amounts of electronic data culled from various sources.
As a labor and employment lawyer, Ms. Zichella regularly drafts agreements for corporations and executives, including restrictive covenant agreements, and counsels her clients regarding the protection of their intellectual property and proprietary information in the workplace. She also counsels corporate clients with regard to preventive strategies involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state statutes. She defends clients in charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). Ms. Zichella also has experience as a first chair litigator in grievance arbitrations arising under collective bargaining agreements.
Ms. Zichella also has experience conducting internal investigations regarding allegations of fraud, harassment, antitrust issues and violations of the False Claims Act.
Since she joined the State Bar of Georgia in 2004, Ms. Zichella has been an active participant in its educational and charitable endeavors. She presently serves as one of the founding co-chairs of the e-Discovery and the Use of Technology Section.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Ms. Zichella worked as an associate in the Labor and Employment and Complex Business Litigation groups at Kilpatrick Stockton LLP, a general practice firm, and as an associate at Fisher & Phillips LLP, a national management-side labor and employment firm.
State Bar of Georgia
Federal Bar Association
State Bar of Georgia, e-Discovery and the Use of Technology Section, Founding Co-Chair
State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers’ Division Labor & Employment Section, Past Co-Chair
Piedmont College, Adjunct Professor of Labor & Employment Law, MBA Program, Spring 2011
The East Lake Foundation and The Drew Charter School, Literacy Volunteer
- "Preventing Inadvertent Email Contracts: Best Practices for Your Clients," Webinar, National Constitution CenterOctober 6, 2016
- Webinar, "New Differences in E-Discovery Between Georgia, Federal and State Courts," Institute of Continuing Legal Education in GeorgiaFebruary 23, 2016
- "Ethical and Privacy Considerations for Contemporary Technology," eDiscovery and Use of Technology CLEOctober 29, 2015
- Moderator, "The Nuts and Bolts of e-Discovery CLE," October 2014
- With David Lindsay. "Zero-Tolerance Policies: When Are They Right For Your Business?" Employment Relations TodayApril 2006
- Rachael Zichella Selected to the Executive Committee of the Georgia Appleseed Young Professionals CouncilJune 8, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- February 20, 2015
- November 10, 2014
- February 21, 2013
- December 9, 2010
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Torts and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Class Actions
- Consumer Law
- Defamation Claims
- Insurance Coverage
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Securities Litigation and RICO Act Claims
- Shareholder Derivatives Suits, Director and Officer Liability, and Corporate Governance
- Data Security and Privacy
- Employment and Labor Relations
- Entertainment, Sports and Media
- Financial Institutions
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Higher Education
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Restaurant, Food and Beverage, and Licensing
University of Florida, Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude, Pro Bono Certificate, 2004
Vanderbilt University, BA, English Literature and Spanish Literature, magna cum laude, 2000
Recipient of the James Elmo Overall Scholarship and Fernandez-Pugh Scholarship for Study Abroad
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
Georgia State Courts
Georgia Superior Courts
Court of Appeals of Georgia
Supreme Court of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013-2016
State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers’ Division Award of Achievement for Outstanding Service to the Public, 2010-2011
State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers’ Division, Signature Service Award, 2011-2012