I chose to practice law at Taylor English because of the flexibility and value it allows me to offer to my clients. The firm has so many great attorneys in a variety of different practice areas, which allows me to service most of my clients’ business needs.
Raanon Gal focuses his practice on defending employers in employment discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wage and hour, harassment and wrongful termination litigation. Mr. Gal also helps companies with risk management and instituting preventative measures to avoid liability.
He has represented clients in a variety of industries and has provided representation under Employment Practice Liability Insurance arrangements. He also has experience in representing clients concerning cases involving noncompete agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, employment/business torts and wage and hour litigation. His practice also encompasses all areas relating to the counseling, training and representation of management clients in federal and state courts, as well as before state and local agencies.
Mr. Gal frequently writes and lectures on the FMLA, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), record retention requirements and sexual harassment avoidance. He also drafts employee handbooks, employer policies and executive employment agreements.
Mr. Gal is the editor of the Georgia Employment Law Letter, a monthly newsletter on employment law developments in the state of Georgia.
Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
State Bar of Georgia
Tennessee Bar Association
Employers Counsel Network
- Summary judgment in a union animus case for a regional airline
Won summary judgment in a sexual harassment case for a retail company before the Middle District of Georgia.
Represented a manufacturer in a jury trial for a racial harassment claim in 2014. Obtained jury verdict in favor of defense.
Won decertification of a nation-wide wage and hour collective action case alleging unpaid overtime before the Northern District of Georgia in late 2012.
Enforced a class action waiver arbitration clause in a large wage and hour collective action case in Georgia in 2010. The Plaintiffs were not permitted to initiate or participate in a collective action case and were forced to arbitrate their claims individually in arbitration.
Represented an employer in a Family Medical Leave Act case. Obtained a jury verdict in favor of the company in 2010.
Represented regional carrier in sexual harassment case brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Obtained complete summary Judgment for employer.
Won summary judgment in several cases before the Northern District of Georgia alleging race discrimination, age discrimination and wage and hour violations.
- January 14, 2016
- "Adding Cooks to the Kitchen While Staying Out of Hot Water," Recipes for Restaurant Success, Atlanta, Ga., September 22, 2015
- October 30, 2014
- "Naked Truth: Your Porn-Watching Employees May Land You in a Lawsuit," Georgia Employment Law Letter, August 2015, and Tech for HR Blog, September 24, 2015
- Co-editor of the Georgia Employment Law Letter2015
- "Georgia Fire Chief Fires Off Religious Discrimination Lawsuit," Georgia Employment Law Letter, March 2015, and HR.BLR.com, April 23, 2015
- "5 Key Areas for Internal Investigations of Sexual Harassment," Whitepaper, The Network Integrated GRC SolutionsFebruary 26, 2015
- "11th Circuit Limits Georgia Employers' Defenses Against FLSA Claims," Georgia Employment Law Letter, February 2015, and HR.BLR.com, March 12, 2015
- "CVS Convinces Georgia Court to Decertify FLSA Collective Action," Georgia Employment Law Letter, September 2015, and HR.BLR.com, October 28, 2015
- December 2, 2014
- "Georgia Department of Labor Cracks Down on Independent Contractor Misclassification," HR Business and Legal ResourcesNovember 14, 2014
- With Chad A. Shultz. "What's the Status of Transgender Employees in the Workplace?" Georgia Employment Law Letter, October 2013, and Diversity Insight, November 17, 2013
- February 19, 2016
- December 1, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- December 2, 2014
- December 1, 2014
- January 29, 2014
- July 15, 2015
Vanderbilt University Law School, JD, 2004
University of Florida, BA, 1999
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Georgia Super Lawyers, 2016
Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2011-2015
Georgia Trend Legal Elite