Taylor English culture is devoted to creating value for all. While some firms are focused on value extraction (e.g., what can we get out of this relationship?), Taylor English is devoted to value creation and multiplication. At Taylor English, the culture is focused on treating others like you want to be treated.
Wayne Bond is a seasoned litigator and business advisor with more than 30 years’ experience handling litigation cases across the country. He represents clients in high-profile cases with extensive media coverage and effectively manages confidential matters requiring the lowest possible profile. He has obtained favorable verdicts, judgments and settlements on behalf of defendants in cases seeking millions in commercial, product liability and personal injury damages. He has also obtained favorable verdicts, judgments and settlements on behalf of plaintiffs in various business, commercial and personal injury contexts. Mr. Bond handles regulatory and criminal investigations by federal and state government agencies and represents clients in criminal and civil litigation in federal and state courts.
Mr. Bond supplements his litigation practice by serving part-time as a Special Assistant Administrative Law Judge for the Georgia Office of State Administrative Hearings. In addition to his judicial experience, he serves in alternative dispute resolution proceedings as advocate, mediator and court-appointed arbitrator.
Legal areas he has served include: breach of contract, commercial transactions, real estate, construction, corporate shareholder and partnership disputes, product liability, false advertising, lender liability, professional malpractice, corporate liability, personal injury, professional liability, clinical trials, employment disputes, government investigations, bankruptcy, white collar criminal defense, fraud, business torts and administrative hearings.
Client industries Mr. Bond served include: technology, retail, food, education, hospitality, product manufacturing and distribution, transportation logistics, banks, financial services, insurance, real estate, construction, engineering, employee staffing, telecommunications, medical professionals, health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical and life sciences.
Atlanta International Arbitration Society, Board of Directors
Atlanta Bar Association: ACYL Board of Directors and Co-Chair of Law Day Committee (Committee of the Year Award)
American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee
Cobb County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Alliance Defending Freedom
Georgia Asylum & Immigration Network
Lifework Leadership Atlanta, Board of Directors
Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, Finance Committee, Past Chairman, Personnel Committee and Budget Planning Committee, Member
Havenbrook Homeowner’s Association, Past President
- Defend civil lawsuits with individual plaintiffs seeking over $100 million each and class action plaintiffs seeking $1.5 billion.
- Prosecute and defend complex contract disputes in technology, transportation logistics, life sciences, real estate, construction, product manufacturing and financial services industries.
- Pursue parallel proceedings involving fraud and RICO in civil litigation and assist prosecutors with investigations and proceedings in state and federal courts.
- Defend medical equipment manufacturer in class action case alleging violations of federal advertising laws.
- Defend corporations and company executives in parallel proceedings when sued in state and federal courts and investigated in state and federal criminal prosecutions.
- Represent employers in state and federal cases involving fraud and RICO violations committed by employees and vendors, and prepare referrals for prosecution by state and federal prosecutors.
- Food recall matters, including investigation and defense of clients at different levels in the food supply chain impacted by FDA food recalls.
- Monitoring counsel for national product liability defense matters involving significant injury and death claims.
- Defense of lender liability lawsuits in multiple state, federal district and bankruptcy courts with claims exceeding $60 million.
- Prosecute and defend advertising disputes involving injunction proceedings for false advertising and contract disputes over print and TV media advertising.
- Class action defense in state and federal courts of construction and pharmaceutical product manufacturers and financial service companies.
- Shareholder derivative and securities litigation matters in arbitration and litigation proceedings before Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and state and federal courts.
- Represent product manufacturers in false advertising and Lanham Act cases involving print and TV advertising.
- Defense of class action and individual lawsuits against life sciences companies making wholesale challenges to human experimentation in clinical trials.
- Obtain seven-figure criminal restitution award for financial services client who was victim of white collar fraud scheme.
- Defend clients in federal and state white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Class action defense of financial services company with allegations of predatory lending and violation of state finders’ fees laws.
- “New Developments in Clinical Trials Litigation,” Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)October 12, 2017
- “Data Privacy and Data Security,” Panel DiscussionMay 2014
- “Communications and Discovery From Putative Class Members,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia Class Actions ProgramSeptember 9, 2011
- “Trials, Torts and Courts”October 2010
- “Clinical Research Law and Litigation,” First Clinical ResearchMay 1, 2009
- "Building Robust Marketing Reviews to Prevent False Advertising Claims," ACC Annual MeetingOctober 1, 2008
- October 1, 2008
- "Clinical Trials: Emerging Legal Threats - Strategies to Survive Heightened Government Scrutiny," Health Law Week, National Teleconference ProgramJune 1, 2008
- May 1, 2008
- “Clinical Trials Litigation,” Vancouver Coastal Health Research InstituteFebruary 26, 2008
- “Clinical Trials & Errors,” MAGI Clinical Trial Agreements & Budgets ConferenceSeptember 30–October 3, 2007
- "Subject Injury Litigation," iiBIG Clinical Trials ConferenceMay 20-23, 2007
- “Identifying & Minimizing Litigation Risks in Clinical Research,” American Conference Institute (ACI)September 27-28, 2006
- “Clinical Trials Litigation,” MAGI/SRI International Contracting & Negotiating Clinical TrialsSeptember 1, 2006
- “Don’t Go There: Subject Injury Litigation,” 17th International Contracting & Negotiating Clinical TrialsMay 21-24, 2006
- "The Litigation Landscape in Clinical Trials: Plaintiff and Defense Theories and Federal and State Requirements," American Conference Institute (ACI)February 27-28, 2006
- "Clinical Research Law," SRI Contracting & Negotiating Clinical TrialsSeptember 19-21, 2005
- "When Good Clinical Contracts Go Bad," MAGI International Contracting & Negotiating Clinical TrialsMay 23-25, 2005
- "State & Federal Court Motions Practice," Lorman Education ServicesMarch 11, 2005
- "A Litigator's Review on the Increase of Litigation in Clinical Research," Keynote Address, CBI's 2nd Annual Limiting Exposure in Clinical TrialsDecember 8-9, 2004
- "Preventing and Responding to Litigation in Clinical Trials," Center for Professional Innovation & Education (CfPIE)June 10-11, 2004
- "Pharmaceutical Law: Clinical Trials and Errors," Active Communication International (ACI)January 16-17, 2002
- "Georgia Commercial Law Practice for Paralegals," Clearwater Information Systems, Inc. (CISI)
- “Enlisting Government Help to Protect Your Trade Secrets,” Intellectual Property WatchMay 3, 2017
- “Drones & Trade Secrets - How Low Can They Go?,” Trading Secrets Blog, Seyfarth Shaw LLPMay 10, 2016
- October 20, 2017
- July 22, 2017
- July 20, 2017
- July 20, 2017
- February 22, 2018
- July 20, 2017
- Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy
- Employment and Labor Relations
- Financial Institutions
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Torts and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Catastrophic Injury
- Class Actions
- Consumer Law
- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property
- Lending, Workout and Foreclosure
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Securities Litigation and RICO Act Claims
- Shareholder Derivatives Suits, Director and Officer Liability, and Corporate Governance
- Public Interest and Advocacy
- Youth-Serving Organizations
University of Georgia, JD, magna cum laude, 1984
- Georgia Law Review, Managing Board
- Order of the Coif
- Talmadge Moot Court Competition: 1st Place & Best Oralist
- ABA National Mock Trial Team
- ATLA National Mock Trial Team
- Georgia Intrastate Mock Trial Team
- Student Instructor of Appellate Advocacy
Kennesaw State College, BS, with honors, 1981
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern Districts of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle Districts of Georgia
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
All Georgia trial courts
Chambers USA: Leading Lawyers for Business - Commercial Litigation, 2014-2016
Georgia Super Lawyers, 2015-2018
International Academy of Trial Lawyers Distinguished Achievement in Advocacy
American Lawyer Media: Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation & Product Liability
Atlanta Magazine: Top Attorneys in Georgia
Atlanta Journal Constitution: Top Rated Attorneys
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review (5.0 out of 5)
Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt