The opportunity to collaborate with really smart lawyers to solve problems for clients, in a collegial culture is the ideal environment for me.
Morris Little is focused on helping clients to efficiently meet their overall business objectives. As a corporate lawyer, his practice focus is in the areas of aviation, commercial lending, commercial and government contracting, health care, and hospitality, including alcohol licensing matters. Mr. Little's early years as a lawyer were primarily spent working on aviation-related transactions involving the purchase, sale and lease of aircraft and engines and related parts and services, including aircraft technical support and licensing agreements. Over the years, his practice has grown to include counseling clients in a variety of industries with general corporate matters, including, entity formation, establishing joint ventures, business process outsourcing, procurement and general legal advice.
Mr. Little's passion for aircraft is why he spent 26 years working in the airline industry; the last 14 of which were spent practicing law in the law department of Delta Air Lines, Inc. During that time, he assisted Delta in growing its revenue in its technical sales business by more than eightfold, and was actively involved with Delta’s Technical Operations and Aircraft Fleet Planning strategies and execution. Prior to joining Delta’s law department, Mr. Little spent 12 years working on and supervising the maintenance of commercial aircraft for Delta.
When not assisting clients, Mr. Little is active in the Atlanta community. He is a member of the 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc., where he has served on the Board and the executive committee; and he is the chair of the Southwest District of the Atlanta Area Boy Scouts of America’s Friends of Scouting campaign.
Federal Aviation Administration, Airframe and Power Plant Licenses
State Bar of Georgia, Corporate Counsel Section
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association, Air & Space Law Forum
Gate City Bar Association
- Summary judgement awarded in same-sex sexual harassment, retaliation and intentional infliction of emotional distress suit
Successfully defended our client, a large fast food chain restaurant, against plaintiff who claimed same-sex sexual harassment, retaliation and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Obtained favorable ruling on summary judgement for our client.
Represented airlines, lessors, and lenders in the loan and lease financings of more than 2,000 airline-operated aircraft. This includes secured loans, operating leases, and full-payout single-investor and leveraged leases–domestic and cross-border–with a total financed amount estimated at $100 billion.
$8 billion order for 20 Boeing 747-8F aircraft – the largest freighter order in Boeing’s 100 year history – and for services and other agreements. Our client (the buyer) comprises the airlines of Volga-Dnepr Group of Russia. We are sole outside counsel for this order.
Represented multiple airlines in purchase agreements for an estimated $40 billion of aircraft from Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Embraer, and other manufacturers. This includes negotiating with multiple engine manufacturers, related negotiations for maintenance and service contracts, and manufacturer financing commitments.
- "Exploring Innovative Solutions for Customers and Partners," MRO/Airline Panel Discussion, 7th Annual Wencor Group Technical SymposiumJanuary 26, 2017
- "Top 10 Things to Know About PMA Restrictions with Aircraft Leasing," 7th Annual Wencor Group Technical SymposiumJanuary 25, 2017
- "OEMS and the Aftermarket–New Generation Fleets, MRO Support and Network Development," Airline Engineering & Maintenance: North AmericaOctober 26, 2016
- "Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing Trends and Review of Technical Provisions in Operating Leases," Aircraft Financing Subcommittee, 2015 Spring MeetingApril 16, 2015
- "Navigating the Challenges & Risks of a Mature MRO Market To Position Your Business For Growth," MRO Airline Engineering & Maintenance ConferenceSeptember 23, 2014
- August 13, 2013
- April 16, 2013
- August 24, 2016
- July 21, 2016
- Quoted in "Problems Loom When Lean Operators Take on Leasing Complexities," Aviation Week, April 17, 2013
- Deal is Largest Cargo Aircraft Order in Boeing's 100-Year HistoryJuly 14, 2016
Fordham University School of Law, JD, 1997
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, BS, 1985