Taylor English gives me the flexibility to provide clients with the level of service they want at a price that fits their budget and financing. I can pull together teams of top-flight attorneys with specific skill sets for both large and small deals and can offer clients alternative billing arrangements that are appropriate for their needs and the requirements of the deal.
Jonathan B. Wilson is an experienced business lawyer who enjoys solving complex business and transactional problems for clients. He applies his more than 25 years of experience as an in-house lawyer, business adviser and strategist to help business executives and owners achieve negotiated solutions to technology and financial transactions.
Mr. Wilson is a member of the firm’s Corporate and Business Department and his practice includes corporate securities, corporate finance and governance, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property. He represents Fortune 100, middle-market and start-up companies.
Mr. Wilson was the general counsel or chief legal officer of Interland Inc., Web.com Group Inc. and EasyLink Services International Corp., where he advised senior management and the boards of directors on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, NASDAQ compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley matters, corporate governance, governmental affairs, contracts, litigation, intellectual property and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Wilson led Web.com’s legal department through its growth and merger with Website Pros Inc. in September 2007, at various times acting as the corporate secretary and the executive in charge of corporate development.
Mr. Wilson spent the first 10 years of his career in private practice with large Atlanta law firms, including a leading international firm and one of the nation's most prestigious corporate firms.
Mr. Wilson has represented both large and small companies in outsourcing, patent licensing, software licensing, distribution and strategic alliance agreements.
In 2009, Mr. Wilson founded the Renewable Energy Committee of the American Bar Association’s Public Utility Section, and he chaired that committee, writing and speaking frequently on renewable energy and clean technology development through 2015.
Renewable Energy Committee, American Bar Association Public Utility Section, Chair, 2009-2015
Internet Industry Committee, ABA Public Utility Section, Chair, 1996-2009
State Bar of Georgia, Executive Committee, International Law Section, 1998-2001
State Bar of Georgia, Board of Governors, 1995-1998
Advised Reliance Financial Corporation on its acquisition by merger by Fidelity Information Services (NYSE: FIS). The transaction, which had an aggregate purchase price of $110 million, brought together the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology and one of the largest independent trust companies in the United States. Assisted with the negotiation and preparation of the Agreement and Plan of Merger and the ancillary documents needed to ...
Represented a large United States manufacturer in a multi-year licensing and implementation agreement for SAP CRM software.
Represented a provider of electronic fax and electronic data interchange (EDI) services in the negotiation of numerous service and supply agreements to United States and non-United States customers.
Represented a United States online services provider in the negotiation of a call center services agreement with a Philippines-based call center provider.
At a previous firm, one of our attorneys represented a Fortune 500 international supply chain logistics provider in a multi-year strategic alliance agreement with a Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer that implemented sophisticated supply chain logistics technologies in the manufacturer’s supply chain. The deal was chronicled by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Thomas L. Friedman’s book, “The World is Flat,” as one of the “ten deals that helped to ...
Represented a European software company in the establishment of its United States operations, including the formation of the United States subsidiary, development of product sales agreements, software license agreements, channel distribution agreements, employment law matters and related issues.
Represented the developer of efficiency-management programs in the nationwide licensure of its proprietary software to a Fortune 500 owner of medical laboratories.
Advise privately-held software company in offering of preferred to existing investors to repay and retire outstanding convertible notes.
Represented AFS Logistics, LLC as the successful bidder to purchase substantially all of the assets of Chapter 11 Debtor Trendset, Inc., in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Spartanburg, South Carolina. We handled this matter responsively and efficiently in one week from engagement to closing, including preparing and submitting the bid, winning the bid in a competitive auction, obtaining Bankruptcy Court approval of the proposed asset purchase, and closing ...
Represented Wellons Group, a manufacturer and operator of renewable energy co-generation systems using biomass as fuel. Wellons enters business relationships with industrial facilities with needs for steam and electricity usage whereby Wellons enters into leasing, financing, and power purchase agreements with those facility owners for purposes of Wellons’ establishment and operation of biomass-fuelled co-generation systems on the facility owner’s ...
Acted as counsel to Dew Learning in a corporate reorganization and recapitalization through which Dew Learning became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dew IT Holdings, LLC ("Holdings"), the former members of Dew Learning exchanged their interests in Dew Learning for membership interests in Holdings, and Holdings was capitalized by the sale of $2.5 million in convertible notes to its majority owners.
Represented VueLogic, LLC in sale of the company to strategic purchaser.
Prepared a private placement memorandum and related documents, including obtaining approval from the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, for the private issuance of securities by a Georgia-chartered community bank.
Served as outside legal counsel to a lifestyle consumer brand in its sale to a leading seller of activeware apparel basics and graphic apparel, valued at approximately $60 million on an enterprise basis.
Taylor English serves as outside general counsel to Pristine Sun, a major solar energy project developer operating across the United States. In this role, the firm provides legal advice and transactional services to all of the company’s projects, with the weight of those legal services geared towards renewable energy legal and regulatory issues.
Prepared hundreds of online software license agreements for browse-through and click-through licenses for downloadable software and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
Represented solar, wind, and biomass renewable energy developers in the structuring of entities to raise equity and debt supported by tax credits and grants.
Prepared a private placement memorandum and related documents for a $500,000 Series A financing for a legal data service provider.
Represented Pristine Sun, LLC as the borrower on a $3.2 million credit facility provided by Partners for Growth IV, LLC, as the lender. Acted as counsel for the borrower, reviewed and negotiated the loan agreement and numerous collateral agreements, issuing an opinion as counsel to the borrower.
- Taylor English represented Pristine Sun, LLC as the borrower on a $3.2 million credit facility provided by Partners for Growth IV, LLC, as the lender
The Taylor English team, acting as counsel for the borrower, reviewed and negotiated the loan agreement and numerous collateral agreements, issuing an opinion as counsel to the borrower.
Developed internal compliance procedures for a call center providing third party services to payday lending clients.
- October 16, 2020
- September 29, 2020
- August 7, 2020
- National Business InstituteJuly 9, 2019
- Clear Law InstituteMay 8, 2019
- Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions: Veteran Attorney Tips for Strategizing, Negotiating and Executing M&As, National Business InstituteMarch 4, 2019
- November 29 – 30, 2018
- "M&A Agreements: Drafting Real Estate and Environmental Contract Provisions" | Strafford CLE WebinarSeptember 20, 2017
- "Just Sign on the Virtual Line: Using E-Signatures and Electronic Contracts in a Digital World," ACI WebcastJuly 25, 2017
- "Structuring and Drafting Real Estate Provisions in Merger and Acquisition Agreements," Real Estate in Mergers and Acquisitions, Webinar, National Business InstituteApril 27, 2017
- "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance," National Business Institute SeminarMarch 21, 2017
- "Clarifying Procedures in Mergers and Acquisitions of Privately-Held Companies," Business Law Boot Camp, National Business Institute CLE SeminarSeptember 16, 2016
- "Drafting Real Estate and Environmental Contract Provisions in M&A Agreements: Guidance for M&A Counsel" | Strafford CLE WebinarAugust 16, 2016
- May 5, 2016
- April 26, 2016
- "Legal and Binding E-Contracts: What Works in a Digital World," National Constitution CenterApril 20, 2016
- "In-House Counsel's Role in Managing Enterprise Risk With Business Insurance," Strafford CLE WebinarFebruary 24, 2016
- "Crowdfunding For Restaurants: Getting More Cooks in the Kitchen," Recipes for Restaurant SuccessFebruary 9, 2016
- October 26, 2015
- Panel Chair, "The Rocky Seas of Spin-offs, Mergers and Acquisitions: How to Land the Deal Efficiently Without Sinking the Ship," ACC Georgia Value ChallengeApril 21, 2015
- March 17, 2015
- Panelist, "Real Estate Crowdfunding," Urban Land InstituteSummer 2014
- "National Constitution Center Legal and Binding E-Contracts: What Works in a Digital World," June 11, 2014
- May 1, 2014
- February 25, 2014
- February 5, 2014
- January 9, 2014
- "Crowdfunding 101: A New Form of Fundraising for Start-Ups and Small Business," Atlanta Bar Association Sole Practitioner/Small Firm Section Breakfast MeetingMay 16, 2013
- April 18, 2013
- April 18, 2013
- April 18, 2013
- "Crowdfunding and Investor Opportunities in the Medical Device Community," Southeastern Medical Device Association ConferenceFebruary 19, 2013
- Webinar, "Dodd-Frank Vendor Risk Management Guidelines: Practical Steps for Compliance," November 28, 2012
- November 1, 2012
- "The JOBS Act: Tossing Out 80 Year Old Securities Rules and Modernizing Capital Formation," Evolving Capital Markets & Crowdfunding SymposiumAugust 21, 2012
- March 19, 2019
- March 18, 2019
- January 24, 2019
- March 6, 2018
- February 9, 2017
- "How to Wreck a Law: How the SEC Thwarted the Will of Congress and the President with Crowdfunding," Heritage ActionOctober 7, 2016
- "Follow the Crowd: What the Future of Crowdfunding Holds for Startup Restaurant Owners," Restaurant Owner Startup & Growth Magazine, 18February 2016
- April 27, 2015
- "Crowdfunding in Georgia: Traps for the Unwary Through the Invest Georgia Exemption," The Georgia Bar JournalDecember 20, 2013
- "Easy Guide to Intrastate Crowdfunding Through the Invest Georgia Exemption," Sterling Funder2013
- Contributor, "Energy, Utility, Transportation and Environmental Law for the 21st Century: A Collection," American Bar Association2013
- With D. Fidler and S. Hughes. "Responding to National Security Letters: A Practical Guide for Legal Counsel," American Bar Association2009
- Contributor, "The In-House Counsel's Essential Toolkit," Volume 3, American Bar Association2007
- "Out of Balance: Prescriptions for Reforming the American Litigation System," iUniverse2005
- Co-author and co-editor, "Internet Forms and Commentary: A Practitioner's Guide to E-Commerce Contracts and the World Wide Web," American Bar Association2002
- "The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act: New Legislation for E-Commerce?" Georgia Bar Journal, 5, 3 (December 1999): 43December 1999
- With Anne-Marie Gauthier and Christopher Deehy. "Franchising and the Use of Cyberspace in the Workplace," 18 Franchise L.J., 61Fall 1998
- With Chris Molen. "Pitfalls in Lending to Mutual Fund Complexes," American BankerFebruary 20, 1996
- "The Lessons of Airline Deregulation and the Challenge of Foreign Ownership of U.S. Air Carriers," George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics, 24, 1, (1990): 1031990
- August 24, 2020
- December 6, 2019
- March 10, 2019
- December 6, 2018
- October 31, 2017
- September 22, 2017
- “24 Taylor English Attorneys Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America,” Atlanta Patch and Atlanta CitybizlistSeptember 13, 2017
- December 16, 2016
- December 16, 2016
- August 17, 2016
- August 17, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- December 15, 2015
- December 7, 2015
- November 5, 2015
- October 29, 2015
- October 13, 2015
- September 30, 2015
- September 29, 2015
- September 24, 2015
- September 10, 2015
- August 26, 2015
- August 20, 2015
- August 17, 2015
- July 9, 2015
- June 23, 2015
- November 25, 2014
- "Atlanta Business Attorney Jonathan B. Wilson, Has Authored an ebook Regarding Equity Crowdfunding," CrowdFundBeat.comSeptember 25, 2013
- September 3, 2013
- Jonathan B. Wilson Quoted in the Atlanta Business Chronicle article, "New Portal Hopes to Jumpstart Crowdfunding," May 1, 2013
- "New Portal Hopes to Jump-Start Crowdfunding," Atlanta Business ChronicleApril 26, 2013
- April 23, 2013
- November 12, 2010
- June 1, 2010
- April 29, 2010
- March 11, 2010
- March 9, 2010
- Interviewed in "Arbitration: Why some general counsel have mixed feelings," by S. Mroczkowski, Illinois State Bar Association newsletter on alternative dispute resolutionSeptember 2006
- August 20, 2020
- December 5, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- December 6, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- Stock of Alternative Apparel Sold to Hanesbrands Inc.October 23, 2017
- December 13, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- December 1, 2014
- July 18, 2014
- September 4, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- December 15, 2011
- July 5, 2011
- December 16, 2010
- October 16, 2009
- September 1, 2020
- By: Jonathan Wilson & Joseph SullivanJune 25, 2019
- October 27, 2016
- May 24, 2016
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Implement JOBS Act and FAST Act Changes for Exchange Act Registration RequirementsMay 4, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- May 26, 2015
- November 4, 2013
- August 29, 2013
- July 17, 2013
- August 17, 2012
- Corporate and Business
- Data Security and Privacy
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- Financial Institutions
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Intellectual Property
- Lending and Corporate Finance
- Public Interest and Advocacy
- Restaurant, Food and Beverage, and Licensing
George Washington University School of Law, JD, 1991
College of William and Mary, BA, with honors, 1988
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
Court of Appeals of Georgia
Supreme Court of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Georgia Trend's Legal Elite, Technology Law, 2010-2012, Corporate Law, 2013-2014, 2016, 2018, Business Law, 2018-2019
Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2021