If I needed an attorney, I would choose the most qualified attorneys who were willing to understand and respect my business needs and budget. That is what Taylor English embodies, and that is why I work here.
Eric Fisher is a member of Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice group, handling matters across the spectrum of litigation. He has represented individuals and companies in a wide variety of cases, including contractual and partnership disputes, business torts, fiduciary duties, insurance and employment disputes. Mr. Fisher is licensed to practice in California as well as in Georgia, and he has experience in federal and state trial and appellate courts and alternative dispute resolution proceedings in both states.
For example, he has:
- Helped win a jury verdict for a large privately held company in a dispute over the terms and conditions of the lease for its corporate headquarters (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia).
- Defeated class certification by current and former students at a national for-profit university who alleged various state law claims for fraud and negligent misrepresentation (Fulton County Superior Court).
- Successfully represented multiple creditors in enforcing millions of dollars (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia).
- After a one-month bench trial, forced dissolution of a California limited partnership on behalf of its general and limited partners (Los Angeles Superior Court).
- Helped win a seven-figure jury verdict for a public company that sued the former president of its subsidiary for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud (U.S. District Court for the Central District of California).
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Fisher was most recently with Greenberg Traurig LLP for nearly five years, practicing in both its Atlanta and Los Angeles offices.
Mr. Fisher also is an adjunct professor of business law at Clayton State University (University System of Georgia).
State Bar of Georgia
The State Bar of California
Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
Georgia Appleseed, Executive Committee of YPC, Past President
Anti-Defamation League, Southeast Region Board of Trustees and National Civil Rights Committee
AYJAN (Atlanta Young Jewish Attorneys Network), Co-Founder
Represented the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as Receiver for Silverton Bank (FDIC-R), in three separate federal court actions against borrowers and guarantors who defaulted on loans made by Silverton Bank, which failed in 2009. In each of the three cases, summary judgment was granted to the FDIC-R on its claims for breach of contract, interest, and attorneys’ fees in the aggregate amount of more than $10 million. The rulings in these lawsuits confirm ...
Defeated class certification by current and former students at national for-profit university who alleged various state law tort claims.
Won jury verdict for large privately held company in dispute over the terms and conditions of the lease for its corporate headquarters.
- May 10, 2016
- January 13, 2016
- October 27, 2015
- August 7, 2013
- July 5, 2016
- April 27, 2016
- "Taylor English Partner Eric Fisher Named Associate Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America," East Cobb Patch and Marietta Daily JournalMarch 4, 2016
- December 11, 2015
- March 11, 2016
- February 22, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- December 1, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- December 2, 2014
- September 11, 2014
- February 21, 2013
- January 8, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- February 28, 2012
- August 23, 2016
- Entertainment, Sports and Media
- Financial Institutions
- Higher Education
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, JD, 2005
Duke University, BA, magna cum laude, 2001
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for 11th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Litigation, 2011-2016
Georgia Trend Legal Elite, General Practice/Trial Law 2012-2013, Business Law 2015