If I needed an attorney, I would choose the most qualified attorneys who were willing to understand and respect my business needs and budget. That is what Taylor English embodies, and that is why I work here.
Eric Fisher is a member of Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department, handling matters across the spectrum of litigation. He has represented individuals and companies in a wide variety of cases, including contractual and partnership disputes, business torts, fiduciary duties, insurance and employment disputes. Mr. Fisher is licensed to practice in California as well as in Georgia, and he has experience in federal and state trial and appellate courts and alternative dispute resolution proceedings in both states.
For example, he has:
- Helped win a jury verdict for a large privately held company in a dispute over the terms and conditions of the lease for its corporate headquarters (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia).
- Defeated class certification by current and former students at a national for-profit university who alleged various state law claims for fraud and negligent misrepresentation (Fulton County Superior Court).
- Successfully represented multiple creditors in enforcing millions of dollars (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia).
- After a one-month bench trial, forced dissolution of a California limited partnership on behalf of its general and limited partners (Los Angeles Superior Court).
- Helped win a seven-figure jury verdict for a public company that sued the former president of its subsidiary for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud (U.S. District Court for the Central District of California).
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Fisher was most recently with an international law firm for nearly five years, practicing in both its Atlanta and Los Angeles offices.
Mr. Fisher also is an adjunct professor of business law at Clayton State University (University System of Georgia).
State Bar of Georgia
The State Bar of California
Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
American Bar Foundation, Fellow
Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice, Board of Directors, Treasurer
Anti-Defamation League, Southeast Region Board of Trustees, Co-Chair of Growth & Development Committee and Member of Executive Committee
AYJAN (Atlanta Young Jewish Attorneys Network), Co-Founder
Jacobson Leadership Institute, Member of 2017-18 Leadership Class
Successfully defended a large global language services provider in AAA Commercial Arbitration against claims of breach of contract and fraud in which client was facing liability for compensatory damages, plus punitive damages and attorneys’ fees, amounting to a six-figure award.
The Court of Appeals reversed the denial of summary judgment below and granted judgment to the hospital in a contract dispute over whether Plaintiff held an enforceable option to lease a downtown building. The Court agreed that the option was lost years earlier when the corporate owner of the option was dissolved and did not timely reinstate its corporate status.
Represented Gresham Transportation Services, LLC (GTS), a small Atlanta business and certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), in an arbitration for breach of contract against the large national company which partnered with GTS to win a major public transit contract. The Arbitrator found in favor of GTS on its claims and respondent’s counterclaims and awarded GTS damages, attorneys’ fees, and forgiveness of debt totaling more than $825,000.
Represented the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as Receiver for Silverton Bank (FDIC-R), in three separate federal court actions against borrowers and guarantors who defaulted on loans made by Silverton Bank, which failed in 2009. In each of the three cases, summary judgment was granted to the FDIC-R on its claims for breach of contract, interest, and attorneys’ fees in the aggregate amount of more than $10 million. The rulings in these lawsuits confirm ...
Defeated class certification by current and former students at national for-profit university who alleged various state law tort claims.
Won jury verdict for large privately held company in dispute over the terms and conditions of the lease for its corporate headquarters.
- Education Advocacy for Children in Care: Student Tribunal Hearing Training, Georgia Appleseed, Pro Bono 2019 March Madness CLE ProgramMarch 11, 2019
- Education Advocacy for Children in Care: Student Tribunal Hearing Training, Georgia Appleseed, Pro Bono 2018 March Madness CLE ProgramMarch 6, 2018
- "Education Advocacy for Children in Care: Student Tribunal Hearing Training," Georgia Appleseed, Pro Bono March Madness CLE ProgramMarch 23, 2017
- May 10, 2016
- January 13, 2016
- October 27, 2015
- August 7, 2013
- June 19, 2019
- June 13, 2019
- January 7, 2019
- December 6, 2018
- Taylor English Awarded Atlanta Legal Aid Society's Pro Bono Award for Domestic Violence, Metro Atlanta CEO and Cobb Business JournalOctober 17, 2018
- October 20, 2017
- June 28, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- December 16, 2016
- December 16, 2016
- July 5, 2016
- April 27, 2016
- "Taylor English Partner Eric Fisher Named Associate Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America," East Cobb Patch and Marietta Daily JournalMarch 4, 2016
- December 11, 2015
- Taylor English Partner Eric Fisher Awarded the 2019 Daniel R. Ginsberg Leadership Award by the Anti-Defamation LeagueJune 5, 2019
- February 20, 2019
- December 6, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- August 20, 2018
- February 22, 2018
- October 2, 2017
- Taylor English’s Eric S. Fisher elected to the Board Of Directors for the Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice.August 8, 2017
- February 23, 2017
- December 13, 2016
- March 11, 2016
- February 22, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- December 1, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- December 2, 2014
- September 11, 2014
- February 21, 2013
- January 8, 2013
- December 5, 2012
- February 28, 2012
- August 23, 2016
- “Taylor English's Eric S. Fisher Elected to the Board of Directors for the Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice,” Atlanta Citybizlist and Atlanta PatchAugust 8, 2017
- April 15, 2013
- April 12, 2013
- Entertainment, Sports and Media
- Financial Institutions
- Higher Education
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Torts and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Class Actions
- Defamation Claims
- Educational Institutions and Youth-Serving Organizations
- Entertainment, Sports & Media Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Securities Litigation and RICO Act Claims
- Shareholder Derivatives Suits, Director and Officer Liability, and Corporate Governance
- Real Estate
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, JD, 2005
Duke University, BA, magna cum laude, 2001
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for 11th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Litigation, 2011-2019
Georgia Trend's Legal Elite, General Practice/Trial Law 2012-2013, 2016, 2018, Business Law 2015, 2018, Corporate Law, 2018
Daily Report, 30 Under 40 On the Rise, 2017
Good Apple Award for Outstanding Volunteerism that Promotes Justice, Recipient, 2016