The opportunity to practice with top-notch attorneys and deliver value to my clients–that’s why I chose Taylor English.
Dan M. Silverboard represents a variety of health care providers, including hospitals, physician groups, federally qualified health centers, and pharmacies. Mr. Silverboard's practice focuses on complex health care regulatory matters relating to Medicare and Medicaid compliance, including reimbursement, practitioner and facility licensing and certification, HIPAA, and fraud and abuse laws including the Physician Self-Referral (Stark) Law and Anti-Kickback Statute. Mr. Silverboard has spoken frequently on a number of issues affecting the health care industry, including changes to reimbursement under the Affordable Care Act, federal health care fraud enforcement activity, and compliance planning.
Mr. Silverboard's practice has also focused on large-scale urban development and environmental remediation projects. Typical projects have involved a complex range of legal issues, including land use entitlements, environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and remediation under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the Georgia Brownfield Act.
Prior to joining Taylor English’s Health Care practice group, Mr. Silverboard practiced at Balch & Bingham LLP in Atlanta, Georgia, and with Gordon & Rees LLP in Sacramento, California.
California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Counsel, 2009-2012
California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce, Counsel, 2009-2012
Atlanta Metro Chamber of Commerce, Bioscience Leadership Council, Member, 2012-present
Physicians’ Care Clinic of DeKalb County, Board Member, 2016-present
Transition Team for Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, Member, 2008
City of Sacramento - For Art’s Sake Leadership Team, Member, 2011
Health Care Experience
Provide legal support to health care providers in complex transactions as respects compliance with Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, licensure requirements, and other pertinent laws and regulations. Representative transactions include mergers and acquisitions for hospitals and pharmacies, including formulation of purchase agreements, operating agreements and requisite state filings. Additionally, advise physicians with respect to employment ...
Representation of a variety of health care providers before the Department of Justice, California Department of Health Care Services and Georgia Department of Community Health as respects Medicare/Medicare Part D RAC audits, Medicaid audits and alleged False Claims Act violations. Representation included advice regarding self-disclosure, conducting internal investigations, subpoena responses, and negotiations with relevant government regulatory ...
Provide advice and counsel to health care providers as respects HIPAA/HITECH requirements for protected health information; develop business associate agreements.
Representation of state hospital association with respect to ACA patient center medical homes initiative. Representation of state primary care association in Medicaid rulemakings promoting claims reimbursement to federally qualified health centers. Acted as lead counsel for California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and California Asian-Pacific Chamber of Commerce in rulemaking advancing supplier diversity before Public Utilities Commission.
Developed and implemented corporate compliance plans for private sector clients, including hospitals, pharmacies, and FQHCs to meet HHS/Office of Inspector General compliance guidance.
Environmental and Land Use Experience
Representation of private sector clients in acquisition of land use entitlements (e.g., general plan amendments, zoning amendments, conditional use permits) for commercial, residential, and natural resources development projects.
Lead attorney for remediation of Sacramento Railyards, a 243-acre brownfield in downtown Sacramento. Representation of PRPs before the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, California State Water Resources Control Board Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund, the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Representation of public agencies and developers in preparation of, and litigation over, its environmental documents prepared pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act.
Representation of private clients seeking development permits before the Army Corps of Engineers.
Representation of El Dorado County before the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) regarding formulation of Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program.
- "Sustaining Revenue: The ACA Quality of Care Initiatives," Alabama Hospital Association, 2014
- "Community Health Needs Assessments," Alabama Hospital Association, 2012
- "The Perfect Storm: FERA, Health Care Reform and the Regulators," California Health Facilities Association, 2010
- "Substantive Issues for Compliance: Auditing, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and Safe Harbors," California Primary Care Association, 2010
- "An Overview of the Federal Tort Claims Act," California Primary Care Association, 2009
- "Introduction to Compliance Planning," California Primary Care Association, 2009
- "No Downturn in Federal Health Care Fraud Enforcement," Birmingham Medical News, July 9, 2014
- "2015 IPPS Final Rule Continues CMS' Focus on Quality of Care (and Penalties)," Birmingham Medical News, September 8, 2014
- "OIG Sets Enforcement Priorities for 2014," Birmingham Medical News, March 10, 2014
- "The Affordable Care Act Regulatory Climate," Birmingham Medical News, January 3, 2014
- "OIG Issues Revised Provider Self-Disclosure Protocol," Birmingham Medical News, July 9, 2013
- "The IRS Signals Flexibility for Complying with Community Health Needs Assessment Requirements," Birmingham Medical News, May 8, 2013
- Health Care
- Environmental and Energy
- Corporate and Business
- Government and Internal Investigations
Tulane University Law School, JD, 2001
Brandeis University, BA, Political Science and History, 1998