Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, Greensboro, GeorgiaJul 21 2017 1:05 PM
With audits down, the IRS is focusing on program-type audit issues like conservation easements and offshore matters. Additional program audits include heightened scrutiny for offshore participants seeking streamlined relief as well as micro-captives. Auditors are urged to challenge purchase price allocations under the change in method of accounting rules. Non-program issues focus on challenging losses either based on the material participation rules or ...
- "Just Sign on the Virtual Line: Using E-Signatures and Electronic Contracts in a Digital World," ACI WebcastJul 25 2017 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
E-contracts and e-signatures have become commonplace in today’s fast-paced, virtual business environment. Even with growing implementation and acceptance, there are still a number of potential legal problems that can arise when using and signing electronic contracts.
- "Drafting Real Estate and Environmental Contract Provisions in M&A Agreements: Guidance for M&A Counsel," Strafford Continuing Education WebinarsAug 16 2017 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
- "It's Transformational," Breakout Session Workshop, Fellowship of Companies for Christ International 38th Annual International Business Leaders ConferenceMiami South Beach, Fla.September 17-21, 2017
On September 17-21, 2017, Deborah A. Ausburn and Diana Sarju Kim will be conducting a breakout session workshop at the Fellowship of Companies for Christ International (FCCI) 38th Annual International Business Leaders Conference titled, "It's Transformational." For more information and to register, please visit the FCCI website.
Ritz-Carlton, Miami South Beach, Florida
1 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Past Speaking Engagements
- "IRS controversy in the Estate, Gift and High Net Worth Individual Area," Estate Planning ConferenceJuly 20–22, 2017 1:05 PM-2:20 PM
On July 21, 2017, from 1:05 PM-2:20 PM, Vivian D. Hoard will be speaking on the topic "IRS controversy in the Estate, Gift and High Net Worth Individual Area," at The Georgia Society of CPAs' Annual Estate Planning Conference. For more information and to register, please visit the 2017 Annual Estate Planning Conference website.
- Cohutta Springs Conference CenterFebruary 7-11, 2018 4:30 PM-5:45 PM
On February 7, 2018, from 4:30 PM-5:45 PM, Deborah A. Ausburn will be speaking on the topic "Legal Considerations of a Vocational Training" at the Cohutta Springs Conference Center in Cohutta Springs, GA.
- "Mandated Reporter Training: Overcoming Barriers and Protecting Children," American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children's Advanced Training SummitPortland, MaineJune 21-23, 2017
Deborah A. Ausburn will be speaking on the topic "Mandated Reporter Training: Overcoming Barriers and Protecting Children" at the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children's (APSAC) Advanced Training Summit on June 21-23, 2017 in Portland, Maine.
- Kiawah Island, S.C.May 26-28, 2017
- "Updates from the 2017 Filing Season: Developments in Tax Law and Tax Controversy," Georgia Society of CPA's DeKalb Chapter MeetingAtlanta, Ga.May 23 2017 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
On May 23, 2017, from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM, Brian Gardner will be speaking on the topic "Updates from the 2017 Filing Season: Developments in Tax Law and Tax Controversy" at the Georgia Society of CPA’s DeKalb Chapter Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia.