Latest CERCLA Decisions and Navigating Complexities: Arranger Liability, Divisibility, Settlement and More | Strafford CLE Webinar
On Thursday, June 13, 2019, Partner Leah Knowlton will participate as a featured speaker during Strafford's live CLE webinar, "Latest CERCLA Decisions and Navigating Complexities: Arranger Liability, Divisibility, Settlement and More." This CLE webinar will cover the latest key federal court CERCLA decisions, providing insights for environmental counsel and their clients. Counsel will understand significant developments over the past year, the circumstances in which a person is liable as an arranger, and the federal district courts independent obligation to scrutinize CERCLA settlement terms.
During this CLE webinar, the panel of environmental attorneys will analyze and offer best practices for key federal court CERCLA decisions. The topics covered will include:
- Under what circumstances do companies need to proactively address potential parent liability for CERCLA cleanup costs caused by a subsidiary?
- What triggers an obligation on the part of a federal district court to delve into the terms of a CERCLA settlement agreement?
- Does any kind of consent decree related to a CERCLA case start the three-year statute of limitations?
- What evidence is necessary to establish the divisibility of harm and avoid joint and several liability under CERCLA?
- What changes, if any, by the current administration impact the likelihood of CERCLA actions proceeding?
You can learn more about this live webinar by visiting Strafford Publications Inc.