Speaking Engagements Archive
Past Speaking Engagements Archive
- Ritz Carlton, CancunNov. 13-17 2019
Tax and Entertainment Partner Julian Fortuna and Amy Oraefo, Of Counsel to Taylor English, will be speaking at The 31st Annual North American Law Summit in Cancun, Mexico.
- Nov 07 2019
On Thursday, November 7, 2019, Taylor English attorneys Kendall Minter, Sandra Brown, and John Gross presented during the Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association's (BESLA) 39th Annual Conference.
- But You Said You’re a Lawyer?! Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a little) About, Atlanta Bar AssociationNov 05 2019
On November 5, 2019, partners Matthew Rosenkoff and John Mills participated as speakers at the Atlanta Bar Association's CLE seminar titled, "But You Said You’re a Lawyer?! Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a little) About."
- Intellectual Property Issues and Protection in Games, Sports and Entertainment, Corporate IP InstituteOct 30 2019
Taylor English partners Kendall Minter and Bruce Siegal discussed intellectual property issues and protection in games, sports and entertainment during Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance’s Corporate IP Institute event on October 30, 2019.
- Correcting Corporate Foreign Tax Noncompliance: Identifying and Repairing Incomplete or Incorrect Filings, Strafford Live CPE WebinarOct 29 2019 1:00-2:50 p.m.
On Tuesday, October 29, Brian Gardner will participate in Strafford's live webinar, "Correcting Corporate Foreign Tax Noncompliance: Identifying and Repairing Incomplete or Incorrect Filings."
- Oct 29 2019
On October 29-30, 2019, Kendall Minter and Bruce Siegal will speak at Corporate IP Institute (CIPI) hosted at GSU College of Law's Knowles Conference Center.
- Oct 27 2019
On October 27-29, 2019, Deborah Ausburn will present at the 2019 SAIS Annual Conference on the topic of, "When #MeToo Hits Home."
- Oct 23 2019
Partners Henry M. Quillian III and Natalie Mark will participate in the 2019 Fall Conference and Celebration of Fellows on October 23-25, 2019.
- Significant Decisions In Recent Patent Cases And Their Impact On Patent Jurisprudence and Litigation, Patent Litigation 2019: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices, PLI SeminarOct 15 2019
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, Partner Li-Chung Daniel Ho will present on "Significant Decisions in Recent Patent Cases and Their Impact on Patent Jurisprudence and Litigation" at the Patent Litigation 2019: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices PLI Seminar.
- Vienna, AustriaOct 11 2019
On October 11, 2019, Micheline Kelly Johnson will participate as a panelist at the International Federation of IP Counsel’s (FICPI’s) Open Forum in Vienna, Austria.
- Oct 10 2019
On October 10, 2019, Taylor English attorney Deborah Ausburn will present at the Atlanta Area Council Boy Scouts of America’s Youth Protection Seminar.
- Small Business Programs, Joint Ventures and Size Protests, 8th Annual Construction Law & Government Contracting, The Seminar GroupOct 08 2019
On Tuesday, October 8, 2019, Partner Jeff Nix will present on "Small Business Programs, Joint Ventures and Size Protest" at the 8th Annual Construction Law & Government Contracting hosted by The Seminar Group.
- SCOTUS Kaestner Ruling on State Trust Income Taxation: Key Considerations for Trusts and Estates Counsel, CLE WebinarOct 01 2019
On October 1, 2019, Julian Fortuna will participate in Strafford's live CLE webinar, "SCOTUS Kaestner Ruling on State Trust Income Taxation: Key Considerations for Trusts and Estates Counsel."
- Sep 24 2019
On September 24, 2019, Deborah Ausburn will present at the American Camp Association's 2019 Southeastern Fall Camp Conference on "Internal Investigations In The #MeToo Era."
- September 23 – 25, 2019.
On September 23 – 25, 2019, Deborah Ausburn will present at the ACA, Southeastern Fall Camp Conference's "Recruitment to Retention" program.
- Sep 20 2019
On Friday, September 20, 2019, Entertainment attorney Kendall Minter will be a keynote speaker at the 6th annual National HBCU Pre-law Summit and Law Expo.
- “Expert Discovery Issues and Traps for the Unwary,” “Expert Witnesses at Trial,” and “Expert Witness Qualifications and Testimony,” for Expert Witnesses: The Attorney’s Complete Guide webinar presented by National Business Institute (“NBI”), June 18, 2019
- Aug 23 2019
On Friday, August 23, 2019, Glianny Fagundo will moderate the Georgia Hispanic Bar Association’s conference titled, “An Inside Look: Learn From Leading In-House Lawyers.”
- Aug 15 2019
Mitzi Hill, chair of Taylor English’s Data Security & Privacy Department, will be moderating an upcoming panel August 15, 2019, ‘The Secure Entrepreneur,’ at the new Green Lights & Red Flags one-day workshop.
- Friday, August 9, 2019 1:20 p.m.
On Friday, August 9, 2019, Glianny Fagundo will act as moderator for one of the Georgia Latino Law Foundation's Law Day panels titled, "Succeeding in Internships and Externships."
- Practicing Negotiation and Influence, Women's Leadership Program, Hispanic Alliance for Career EnhancementJul 18 2019
On July 18, 2019, Glianny Fagundo participated in the Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement's (HACE) Women's Leadership Program, "Practicing Negotiation and Influence."
- Jul 09 2019
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, Jonathan Wilson and Phil Theodore will present at the National Business Institute's (NBI) CLE Seminar, "The Mini MBA for Attorneys."
- Latest CERCLA Decisions and Navigating Complexities: Arranger Liability, Divisibility, Settlement and More | Strafford CLE WebinarJun 13 2019
On Thursday, June 13, 2019, Partner Leah Knowlton will participate as a featured speaker during Strafford's live webinar, "Latest CERCLA Decisions and Navigating Complexities: Arranger Liability, Divisibility, Settlement and More."
- Jun 09 2019
On June 9-11, 2019, Attorney Michele Stumpe will participate as a speaker at FAB’s Business Workshop for Women in the Hospitality Industry.
- Jun 06 2019
On Thursday, June 6, 2019, tax attorney Ashley Swan will present at the Protecting Vulnerable Adults From Financial Exploitation Seminar.
- May 29 2019
On May 29, 2019, Julian Fortuna participated as a speaker for Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association's (BESLA) The Intersection of Music, Film & TV in Atlanta seminar.
- Webinar, Listed Transactions Reporting: Conservation Easements, Form 8886 and the IRS Audit Initiative, StraffordMay 28 2019
On May 28, Vivian Hoard will conduct a live webinar on the latest developments for reportable transactions.
- May 2019
Matthew Flower moderated a panel discussion at ARDA World 2019 in which he and three other attorneys discussed a number of “’strange and taboo topics’” that timeshare resorts face.
- May 08 2019 3:00 - 4:00 PM
On Wednesday, May 8, 2019, attorneys Jonathan Wilson and Julian Fortuna will participate in the clear Law Institute's Advanced M&A Issues and Techniques webinar.
- Apr 27 2019
On April 27, 2019, entertainment attorney Alan Clarke will participate on a panel "Psychology of Financing the Creative" at the C3 Sound and Screen Convention.
- Apr 25 2019
On April 25, 2019, tax attorney Julian Fortuna will present at the Atlanta Bar Association's Joint Tax Law Section and Real Estate Section CLE Program.
- Apr 16 2019
On April 16, 2019, Taylor English Attorney Vivian Hoard will be speaking at the Spring Legal Education Seminar hosted by the Georgia Association of Paralegals.
- State Bar of GeorgiaApr 11 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
On April 11, 2019, Taylor English attorneys Henry M. Quillian III, Mark Carter, Michael Johnson, Glianny Fagundo, and Natalie Mark will present at the Institute of Continuing Legal Education's (ICLE) seminar, "Construction Law for the General Practitioner."
- Apr 10 2019
On April 10, 2019, CEO Kirk Hancock participated on a panel at the National Center for Employee Ownership's (NCEO) 2019 Annual Employee Ownership Conference.
- Apr 10 2019
On April 10, 2019, Anthony Polvino participated in the ARDA World Convention’s forum titled, “The Great Debate - Legal Expert Debate Industry Issues.”
- Negotiating Discovery: Obstacles and Pathways to Success, 2019 National eDiscovery Leadership Institute (NeLI)Apr 05 2019
On April 5, Rachael Zichella will be on the panel "Negotiating Discovery: Obstacles and Pathways to Success" where she will participate in a discussion on key issues to be addressed in a meet and confer, along with methods for approaching discovery negotiations as a cooperative endeavor and how to avoid knock-down, drag out fights.
- Mar 14 2019
Attorney Jenifer Pfanzelt will participate at the State Bar of Georgia’s 2019 Mock Trial State Competition and National High School Mock Trial Championship in Athens, Georgia.
- Mar 12 2019
On March 12, 2019, attorney Deitra Crawley will speak at the Government Contractors Association (GCA) event “Empowering Women Business Owners.”
- National Business InstituteMar 11 2019
On March 11, 2019, Julian Fortuna will speak at the National Business Institute's CLE Step-by-Step Guide to Drafting Wills and Trusts.
- Education Advocacy for Children in Care: Student Tribunal Hearing Training, Georgia Appleseed, Pro Bono 2019 March Madness CLE ProgramMar 11 2019
On March 11, 2019, attorney Eric fisher presented at the Education Advocacy for Children in Care: Student Tribunal Hearing Training.
- Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions: Veteran Attorney Tips for Strategizing, Negotiating and Executing M&As, National Business InstituteMar 04 2019
On Monday, March 4, 2019, attorney Jonathan Wilson will present at the National Business Institute’s audio webinar titled, “Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions: Veteran Attorney Tips for Strategizing, Negotiating and Executing M&As.”
- Jan 16 2019
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, Julian Fortuna will present at the State Bar of Georgia's Residential Real Estate Seminar on his topic, "Tax Questions in Residential Real Estate Closings."
- Dec 13 2018
On December 13, 2018, Partner Vivian Hoard, Partner Julian Fortuna and Brian will speak at the State Bar of Georgia's Ethics CLE regarding what every general practitioner should know about the new tax laws.
- “Expert Preparation and Deposition Defense” and “Deposition of an Expert Witness,” for Expert Witnesses webinar presented by NBI, December 12, 2018
- Cobb Galleria CentreNovember 29 – 30, 2018
On November 30, 2018, Jonathan Wilson and Julian Fortuna will be speakers for the Buying and Selling a Business: Start-to-Finish, National Business Institute 2-day Seminar.
- Marriott Marquis, Marquis SalonNovember 14-17 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Deborah Ausburn will present at The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) 2018 Annual Conference on Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse which covers complex laws governing mandatated reporting.
- Atlanta, GANov 14 2018
Stout and Taylor English Duma co-hosted a panel discussion of industry experts to discuss several recent BSA/AML-related enforcement actions and related shareholder litigation. The panel discussed how and why the enforcement actions occurred, the penalties assessed, and the major lessons learned. A variety of perspectives were offered including those from a former financial institution BSA Officer, a regulator, an external counsel, and an independent ...
- But You Said You're a Lawyer?! Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a little) About, Atlanta Bar AssociationNov 09 2018
On November 9, 2018, Matthew Rosenkoff will present at the Atlanta Bar Association's CLE event, "But You Said You're a Lawyer?! Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a little) About." His topic, Business Law: Corporate Formation and Advising Businesses, will cover what attorneys need to know about business law.
More information can be found on the Atlanta Bar Association's website.
- Sheraton Atlanta HotelNovember 8 – 9, 2018
On November 8, 2018 Jay Patton will participate as a panelist for the 2018 Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Southeast Conference.
- November 7-11
Alan Clarke and Amy Oraefo, along with Morris Little, attended The 30th Annual North American Law Summit.