"Creatives: Understanding the Business and Legal Side of Your Film Shoot in Georgia," 2016 Savannah Film Festival
Mitzi L. Hill will be moderating a panel titled "Creatives: Understanding the Business and Legal Side of Your Film Shoot in Georgia" at the 2016 Savannah Film Festival, taking place in Savannah, Georgia, October 22-29, 2016. Taylor English panelists include Julian A. Fortuna, Amanda Groover Hyland, and Glianny Fagundo.
Filming in Georgia has many benefits from the Georgia tax credits to the multitude of scenic locations. A little business and legal pre-planning can potentially save you time, dollars and headaches during your film shoot, post production, and marketing phases. And knowing the right questions to ask is half the battle. During this session, the panelists will discuss:
- Getting Starting: What to consider when forming your business entity? What are your options for securing capital?
- Legal Agreements: What types of agreements can be standardized, and how does this help protect your business interests?
- Talent and Employee Relations: How do you manage wage and hour issues, talent agreements, temporary staff agreements, and union contracts?
- Intellectual Property: What are the basic IP protections every creative business should have in place?
- Tax Incentives: What are the basic tax incentives in Georgia?
For more information, please visit the Savannah Film Festival website.