What role does open source play in advancing autonomous vehicle technology?
Westin Book Cadillac Hotel in Detroit
September 10, 2019
On September 4, 2019, Van Lindberg spoke at the 3rd annual Autolex: Autonomous Vehicle Legal Forum hosted by Benchmark Litigation and Managing IP.
Mr. Lindberg discussed the following topics:
- the kinds of IP being opened up – source code and patents,
- who is driving open source, who is jumping on board,
- how automotive and mobility companies use open source,
- why these companies are turning to open source, and
- how open source might impact the different types of market models and monetization models for AV and mobility companies.