- Jun 01 2020
In an article published by the INTABulletin on June 1, 2020, Linda Yang discusses the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit's ruling upholding the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board's decision to bar registration of the mark STRATUS NETWORKS in design by the applicant.
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: An Overview of the Various Issues Involved in Starting and Operating Marijuana Dispensaries, Cannabis Business ExecutiveMay 14 2020
In an article published by Cannabis Business Executive on May 14, 2020, Reggie Snyder and Tres Dye discusses the legal issues, operational challenges, and regulatory hurdles that marijuana dispensaries frequently encounter.
- Bitcoin Compensation Hurdles: Borderless Money in a Bordered World, GGI Labour & Employment Law NewsApr 30 2020
In an article published in the Spring 2020 issue of GGI Labour & Employment Law News, Bryan Jacoutot discusses Bitcoin’s rapid ascent into mainstream consciousness and its potential as a viable payment method for legacy structures like employment.
- Mar 24 2020
Mitzi Hill discusses how the growing number of Americans living under lockdown orders because of the COVID-19 pandemic have caused many U.S. companies faced this new question: Is my company an “essential” business that can stay open during a lockdown?
- Feb 26 2020
Reginald Snyder discusses how the lack of national standards for laboratory tests of marijuana products affects the public health and the marijuana industry.
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: Fire, Health, and Safety Risks Associated with Cannabis Extraction Methods, and the Rules and Regulations Designed to Address Such Risks, Cannabis Business ExecutiveDec 18 2019
In an article published by Cannabis Business Executive on December 18, 2019, Reggie Snyder discusses legal issues, operational challenges, and regulatory hurdles that marijuana-related businesses (MRBs) frequently encounter.
- INSIGHT: Patent Ineligibility Defense Expands to Mechanical Subject Matter—Controversy Follows, Bloomberg LawDec 04 2019
Bloomberg Law published Michael Cicero's article, "INSIGHT: Patent Ineligibility Defense Expands to Mechanical Subject Matter—Controversy Follows."
- From the Flea Market to the Online Marketplace: How Brand Owners Fight to Keep Infringers at Bay, IPWatchdogNov 22 2019
Bruce Siegal provides a decade of cases overflowing with proactive steps that brand owners and their counsel can take to stay ahead of infringers in the online world.
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: Legal Issues, Operational Challenges and Regulatory Hurdles That Marijuana-Related Businesses Frequently Encounter, Cannabis Business ExecutiveNov 21 2019
Reggie Snyder discusses the various fire, health, and safety risks associated with growing and cultivating marijuana plans inside large, indoor, commercial spaces.
- Nov 04 2019
Joseph Sullivan discusses trademark risks for brand-owners resulting from "naked licensing" in his article published by Law360, "Undressing The Risks Of Naked TM Licensing."