- Dec 05 2018
Masae Okura's book, "U.S. Visas for Students and Researchers," is an immigration manual for students and scholars who want to study in the United States.
- Nov 27 2018
In an article published by Corporate Compliance Insights, "Privacy Is (Now) Your Business," Mitzi Hill discusses recent cybersecurity legislation that just passed and what companies can do to ensure compliance.
- Nov 12 2018
In an article published by Corporate Compliance Insights, “12 Steps to Reveal and Reduce Cyber-Breach Risk,” Mitzi Hill provides advice on how to reduce cyber risk.
- “Phishing for Trouble: One Manufacturer’s Mistakes and How to Avoid Them,” Industry Week Magazine, Industry WeekSep 2018
- Theft Prevention: Information Security When Employees Leave, VAR Insights, MSP Insights and Software Business GrowthSep 05 2018
In Mitzi Hill’s article, “Theft Prevention: information security when employees leave,” she stresses the importance of HR, IT and Management/Executive teams collaborating to ensure their most private information is safe.
- Is Your Company A Joint Employer? It Depends On What The Federal NLRB Decided - Or Didn't, Georgia ContractorJul 30 2018
In an article by Stephen Wright, he weighs in on a recent reversal of a National Labor Relations Board decision that takes a different look at how “joint employer” is defined. Concerns have arisen in the contractor industry regarding the relationships between general contractors and sub-contractors.
- Jul 2018
In the July 2018 issue of the Georgia Employment Law Letter, published by HR Hero, Glianny Fagundo and Raanon Gal expose the facts behind a ruling about misclassifications of male strippers as independent contractors in their article titled, "All Male, All Nude, All Damages Awarded."
- Florida v. Georgia Equitable Apportionment Water Litigation: Where Do We Go From Here?, The Daily ReportJul 19 2018
As an environmental lawyer with Taylor English, Craig Pendergrast gives a detailed overview of the five-week water wars hearing between Florida and Georgia in his article published by the Daily Report.
- Jul 09 2018
On July 9, 2018, Mitzi Hill's article, "How Security Planning Is Good for the Bottom Line," was published by the Daily Report. The article, which is part of Ms. Hill's Cyber For Growth series, outlines the importance of having a cyber security plan in place for one's business. In it, she explains proprietary information, threats to a business's security, what a cyber security breach can cost a business and potential solutions a business can implement to secure their ...
- Not So Fast: Questions of Fact May Preclude Early Patent-Eligibility Determinations Under Section 101Jun 2018
In an article published in the Spring 2018 Newsletter of the Federal Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section, Coby Nixon discusses two recent decisions from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.