Five Taylor English Attorneys Make 2011 Best Lawyers in America List
Atlanta – Aug 23, 2010 – Five attorneys from Atlanta law firm Taylor English Duma LLP have been selected to the 2011 “The Best Lawyers in America” guide, a respected and unbiased peer-reviewed referral publication. Selections include:
- William A. Clineburg Jr., who has been involved in high-stakes, complex business litigation for more than 37 years. Clineburg has handled dozens of high-profile cases such as the defense of a major tobacco company against smoking lawsuits as well as the Citadel against the Justice Department’s effort to end single sex education. He has made the Best Lawyers in America list since 2006.
- Foy R. Devine, who heads Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. Devine focuses on civil trial work. His practice is concentrated on business litigation, although he has handled catastrophic personal injury and death cases arising out of product-related injuries. He is currently involved in a class-action lawsuit against BP on behalf of Georgia residents who own properties on the Gulf. Devine has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for 20 years.
- John Hopkins, whose practice focuses on corporate transactions, corporate governance and insurance regulatory and transaction issues. Hopkins, who has been engaged as an expert witness in litigation matters, has also served as an arbitrator in disputes involving insurance industry transactions. Hopkins has been recognized in Best Lawyers since the 1980s, except for a 10-year period when he left private practice to serve as General Counsel of Jefferson Pilot Corp.
- Jeffrey R. Kuester, who handles all types of intellectual property issues—including prosecution and litigation. Kuester leads the firm’s Patent Practice Group and is an adjunct professor of Intellectual Property Law at Georgia State University’s College of Law. He currently represents Rand Warsaw and Bernard Bilski, the inventors in the heavily-watched Bilski v. Kappos Supreme Court patent case.
- Michael Eric Ross, a seasoned business litigator who concentrates his practice on class actions and cutting-edge legal issues. Ross has a long track record of successfully representing clients in a broad spectrum of cases that run the gamut from breach of contract and property rights to trade regulation and unfair competition. He has published numerous articles and was an adjunct professor in the Litigation Program at Georgia State University’s College of Law from 2004 to 2009.
Best Lawyers, the oldest peer-review legal publication in the nation, each year publishes “The Best Lawyers in America”, a referral guide of legal excellence that includes attorneys in 80 practice areas. The list is compiled after an exhaustive peer-review survey in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their colleagues. The results were recently sent to online subscribers and will be published in a print edition in November.
About Taylor English Duma LLP
Taylor English is an Atlanta-based full-service business law firm that provides high quality legal services for optimal value. Areas of practice include Employment & Labor, Technology, Business Transactions, Corporate & Taxation, Creditors’ Rights, Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Real Estate, Development & Construction. Taylor English, which is ranked by Atlanta Business Chronicle as the fastest-growing law firm in Atlanta, represents all types of clients—from Fortune 500 companies and start-ups to individuals. The firm has grown from four attorneys in 2005 to more than 75 today.