Taylor English Partner Kendall Minter Joins Advisory Board for The Royalty Network Black Empowerment Thru Music Initiative
ATLANTA, October 12, 2020 – Taylor English Duma LLP is pleased to announce that partner Kendall Minter has joined the advisory board for the Royalty Network Black Empowerment Thru Music Initiative. The Royalty Network is one of the country’s most esteemed independent music publishing companies representing over 700,000 compositions. The Black Empowerment Thru Music Initiative focuses on six key pillars, including:
- Establishing new relationships with, and continuing to support organizations that provide black students with free music education;
- Donating musical instruments to schools and music programs serving underprivileged communities;
- Providing webinars as well as one-on-one mentorship and access to industry veterans for students and aspiring professionals entering the music industry;
- Dedicating time each month for black student artists to have free recording studio access at The Royalty Network’s Burbank studio;
- Designating a quarterly “match” period, matching dollar for dollar the overall monetary contributions of its clients and contributing to a designated program in need;
- Prioritizing black student candidates for paid internships; and,
- Actively recruiting qualified black candidates for full-time positions.
Minter has worked with The Royalty Network for over 20 years, representing songwriters signed to the company.
Within Taylor English, Minter brings over 35 years of practice in the entertainment, media and sports law fields. He has comprehensive knowledge of entertainment law, corporate law, intellectual property law, sports and new media law. Minter advises artists, actors, producers, film makers and other creative talent on a wide variety of entertainment matters, helping his clients to build their brand and protect their intellectual property. Motivated by his belief that music is a universal language connecting all peoples, Minter brings his passion for law, education and global business to empower his clients.
In addition to his work with The Royalty Network, Minter also serves on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee at the SoundExchange, which collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. He also serves on Taylor English’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Minter earned his undergraduate and law degrees from Cornell University.
Taylor English Duma LLP is a full-service law firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Built from the ground up to provide highest-quality legal services for optimal value, the firm combines the best aspects of a traditional law firm with seasoned attorneys managing their practices remotely throughout the United States. Together, our attorneys work each day to provide timely, creative, and cost-effective counsel to help clients solve problems and achieve goals. Taylor English represents all types of clients – from Fortune 500 companies to start ups to individuals. The firm is the Georgia law firm member of Geneva Group International (GGI), the leading worldwide alliance of accounting and law firms. More information is available on the firm’s website at www.taylorenglish.com.