Relief on New Questions on 2015 Forms 5500 and 5500-SF
The IRS announced in its February 29, 2016, edition of “Employee Plans News” that plan sponsors did not need to answer the following new compliance questions on the 2015 Forms 5500 and 5500-SF:
- Form 5500 – Preparer information at the bottom of page 1;
- Schedule H – Lines 4o-p and 6a-d;
- Schedule I – Lines 4o-p, 6a-d;
- Schedule R – New Part VII, lines 20a-c, 21a-b, 22a-d and 23; and
- Form 5500 SF – Preparer information at the bottom of page 1 and lines 10j, 14a-d, and new Part IX (lines 15a-c, 16a-b, 17a-d, 18, 19 and 20).
So what happened? Apparently, the IRS failed to get these new questions approved by the Office of Management and Budget.
Please see the IRS February 29 edition of “Employee Plans News” on the IRS website.