Corona Virus Scams Online: Remind Employees to Be Aware
Every crisis is an opportunity for bad guys, it seems. The FTC issued a warning yesterday that can be found here.
It is a good idea to remind employees that they may see an upsurge in scam activity due to current events and remind them about personal and professional vigilance.
Additional reminders to consider are:
- If it seems too good to be true (or if it seems crazy): it probably is
- Verify information related to the Corona Virus on the CDC website
- Utilize Snopes.com for information about prominent scam stories
- Don’t give out personal information or click links from unknown senders
- Be careful about emails purporting to be from customers or from your bank, credit card issuer, insurance company, etc. that ask you to take action.