"Doing Business in Cuba," Webinar
Deitra Crawley will be moderating a free webinar on Thursday, January 26, 2017, from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (EST) on "Doing Business in Cuba."
The panel will include several authorities on the emerging Cuban marketing, including:
- Ralph Gazitua, President and CEO of foreign trade zone and logistics company WTDC,
- Peter A. Quinter, chair of the Customs and International Trade Law Group at GRAY ROBINSON, P.A.,
- Professor Ted Henken from Baruch College, author of Entrepreneurial Cuba: The Changing Policy Landscape, and
- Janet L. Walsh, President and CEO, BIRCHTREE GLOBAL, LLC.
The panel discussion, which will be interactive and include audience questions, will cover:
- U.S. Sanctions,
- Changes to U.S. government regulations,
- A look at Cuba's political and business environment,
- Cuban new foreign investment law, structures allowed, warranties for the investors, taxation, dispute resolution mechanism available, relevant labor laws, etc.,
- Foreign direct investment,
- The New Free Zone of Mariel,
- Import- export regulations,
- Intellectual property protection,
- Immigration and customs regime, and
- Trade usages and local business practices.